Vibration Meter Data Logger | Vibration Sentry E-16g
The Vibration Meter Data Logger – Vibration Sentry E-16g is a new generation of smart data logger that can record acceleration, inclination, vibration, and impacts. It includes a 3-axis +-16g MEMS accelerometer, an accurate date/time clock, and a non-volatile 128 Mb recording memory. Depending on the settings it can record vibration signals and/or RMS levels for months. Its very small size allows it to be attached to or embedded within the monitored equipment.
The Vibration Meter Data Logger – Vibration Sentry E-16g is an all-digital design with an integrated oscilloscope function that can show the vibration signals in real time, and an integrated spectral analyzer function that shows a 512-line spectrum in real time. It is self-calibrated using the earth’s gravity as a reference. An auto-rec feature allows the instrument to stay dormant for months, only recording when the acceleration signals are detected over an adjustable threshold.
The Vibration Sentry E includes the following features:
- A visual alarm on the acceleration threshold.
- A timer that allows the instrument to start the Record or the AutoRec mode at a specified date and time.
- A new AutoRec implementation that performs the triggering in software with much greater precision. The new trigger provides at least 80 ms of pre-trig data.
- Management of Time Zones at the instrument level.
- Settings are retained through a reset.
The Vibration Sentry E series of vibration meter data logger is ideal to monitor shipments in transit and record adverse events such as shocks, high vibration levels and/or tilt. In order to do that properly, careful attention must be paid to the instrument’s configuration and installation.
The Vibration Meter Data Logger – Vibration Sentry E includes the following models:
- VS_E-16g: +-16g dynamic range with a 128Mb memory
- VS_E-200g: +-200g dynamic range with a 128Mb memory
Vibration Meter Data Logger Applications
- Monitoring of operation and transport conditions of fragile equipment (VS_E-200g recommended).
- Long-term measurement and recording of accelerations, impacts, vibration signals, and RMS vibration levels. The VS_E-200g is generally better suited to shock and other high-g measurement applications.
- Continuous monitoring of machinery wear.
- Long-Term Seismic Monitoring and Long-term inclination monitoring (VS_E-16g recommended).